Welcome to HonorSociety.org, an exclusive recognition society.
Our society's goal is to help you succeed, and to connect you with the people and opportunities to help you achieve your goals.
- Why Are Our Core Values Important?As we’ve grown, it has become extremely important to define the Core Values of HonorSociety.org. This is to explicitly and implicitly help all of our members and national committees to flow together cohesively, rooting themselves in the culture and values of our organization. It is important for us to give information on how we lay the foundation for decision making, what our mission is, and how our culture can help members to be the best they can be in everyday situations. You can find our page outlining our Core Values here.
- HonorSociety.org raises over $20,000 for the American Red Cross International Emergency ResponsesWASHINGTON D.C. (April 1, 2014) – HonorSociety.org held a fundraising campaign this spring to raise money and awareness for the American Red Cross International Emergency Responses efforts. HonorSociety.org raised over $20,000 for the American Red Cross and those affected in disaster areas around the world.
- Washington DC: I came, I saw, and I would definitely do it again.Not sure if you should go on the next Honor Society Org Trip? Well be sure, after reading my article you will see why this trip is for everyone but at the same time gives you a individual experience.
- HonorSociety.org Members Visit Washington, D.C.This summer, HonorSociety.org members from all over the country met up to attend the member trip in DC. These 5 days included site seeing, exploring DC by day and night, and new friendships. The goal of these member trips is to connect the members so that they can establish more networking opportunities and build friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Why Should You Consider Working for HonorSociety.org?Why Should You Consider Working for HonorSociety.org? HonorSociety.org is not only a team that works closely together, but we are a family, switching from one role to another when necessary and ensuring that our national team, as well as our members, only receive the very best. We are passionate about helping members find their niche, whether it is in their major, in an internship we’ve helped them acquire, or helping them realize their strengths through leadership, community service, etc. We want our members to succeed, more than anything, and we are committed to giving the very best service. Upon reviewing the environment at our National Office, most find that it is warm and welcoming, as well as technologically advanced and engaging. We believe that the future is now, and as our organization is built on the premise of globalization, connecting and allowing members to network, we are continuously brainstorming with one another, creating an electric, cohesive environment where knowledge and new-age tools allow us to be our very best, while ensuring that members can be their best.
- Tips for MotivationIt's sometimes difficult to motivate ourselves, or even to be motivated by others. A lack of motivation causes us to feel stuck and uninspired, which can take a toll on our productivity. First, get fresh air. When we're not feeling motivated, it is usually do to a lack of stimulation. The best solution? Nature. The best way to become engaged with the world around you is to go on a 5-10 minute walk, without the distraction of electronics. Second, work in chunks of time. Break down projects to schedule 5 minute breaks in between each tasks. While this may seem to stretch the time out, it will actually cause much less of a burn out. Also, focus on the feeling of it being done, rather than the time it takes to get there. This provides a "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling early on.
- Relay for Life: The Fight Against CancerThe American Cancer Society (ACS) is an organization that advocates tremendous change in the world of cancer. Every year, thousands of people from over 20 different countries manage to raise over $400 million for cancer recovery and prevention. I'm beyond ecstatic and proud to have been a part of the event that was hosted at my university this year. Not only was Relay for Life another night of victory over cancer, it was a night I'll never forget. (The cover image was downloaded from NAU's Relay for Life Facebook page.)
- HonorSociety.org Core ValuesAs we grow as a society, it has become more and more important to explicitly define the core values from which we develop our culture, our mission, and our decision-making framework. These are the ten core values that we live by. Pursue Excellence HonorSociety.org members pursue excellence in every area of their lives. Whether it be in their academic pursuits, as leaders in their group of friends and families, or in their careers the pursuit of excellence is a driver in decision making. Innovate and Drive Change Members of HonorSociety.org are creative and critical thinkers. They are not afraid to think outside of the box and to suggest change when it is needed. HonorSociety.org members are the change drivers that will make our future a better place. Embrace Knowledge and Intellectual Pursuits HonorSociety.org members are proud to embrace knowledge and intellectual pursuits. A majority of members go on to graduate school programs including Masters and PHD programs, Medical School, and Law School. Seek Growth and Progress Part of living out the HonorSociety.org values is to know that there is always room for growth and to seek it out. This means taking advantage of the HonorSociety.org resources, reaching out to professors for enrichment, and teaming up with peers to motivate and encourage one another. Be Bold, Creative, and Open-Minded HonorSociety.org members think outside of the box. They’re not afraid to make a statement, push the envelope, and be innovators. Pursue Leadership and Take Initiative HonorSociety.org members are leaders who take initiative when it comes to achieving what they are most passionate about. They demonstrate their leadership on campus as chapter presidents and board members. Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit HonorSociety.org members are both a team and a family, nationally and at the level of their local chapter. HonorSociety.org is a welcoming and supportive community with members who are there to support each other no matter what. Do More With Less HonorSociety.org members don’t wait until they have everything they need. They know they have what it takes to get started and take action in the beginning. Be Passionate and Determined Members of HonorSociety.org are passionate about their academics and their career. They are determined to succeed and do what it takes to make their academic pursuits a reality. Be Humble Humble leaders are respected. HonorSociety.org members become great managers, employees, and team members in large part due to their humble attitude towards work. Humble leaders prioritize acting for the good of their team, not just what’s best for them personally.
"Success is a process that continues, not a status that you reach. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned."
Becoming a member of an honor society recognizes your achievements. Honor Society uniquely also focuses on helping you achieve your long-term goals and dreams. Our mission is to facilitate members to realize their highest potential through the advancement of academics, leadership and networking.