Our society's goal is to help you succeed, and to connect you with the people and opportunities to help you achieve your goals.
- Washington DC: I came, I saw, and I would definitely do it again.Not sure if you should go on the next Honor Society Org Trip? Well be sure, after reading my article you will see why this trip is for everyone but at the same time gives you a individual experience.
- The Best Book I've Ever Read is "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion"No one goes out of their way to help you become a better negotiator when you're a child. From your parents to the education system virtually everyone has a vested interest in keeping you from being a great negotiator.
- How to Recharge Your Brain: Raise Neurotransmitter LevelsNeurotransmitters are important parts of our brain that are involved in neuron communication on a small scale and our behavior on a large scale. Getting to know these neurotransmitters, especially key ones like dopamine and serotonin which are associated with addiction and depression respectively, can be helpful for our everyday challenges. Regulating these levels through behavior when you need an extra boost can be even more helpful.
- Career Spotlight: TeachingFrom elementary school to college, teachers have paved the way for students to be successful, lifelong learners. Here are a few things you need to know if you’re thinking about a career in education.
- Relay for Life: The Fight Against CancerThe American Cancer Society (ACS) is an organization that advocates tremendous change in the world of cancer. Every year, thousands of people from over 20 different countries manage to raise over $400 million for cancer recovery and prevention. I'm beyond ecstatic and proud to have been a part of the event that was hosted at my university this year. Not only was Relay for Life another night of victory over cancer, it was a night I'll never forget. (The cover image was downloaded from NAU's Relay for Life Facebook page.)
- HonorSociety.org raises over $20,000 for the American Red Cross International Emergency ResponsesWASHINGTON D.C. (April 1, 2014) – HonorSociety.org held a fundraising campaign this spring to raise money and awareness for the American Red Cross International Emergency Responses efforts. HonorSociety.org raised over $20,000 for the American Red Cross and those affected in disaster areas around the world.
- 3 Overlooked Steps When Applying For InternshipsWe all know that there's value to an internship, but is it something every student should do? The Intern Queen, Lauren Berger, believes so and we agree 100%! We are so excited that we got the chance to chat with Lauren so she could fill us in on the inside scoop into the interning world. And make sure you note her 3 overlooked steps students make when applying for internships. It will be a game changer when you start applying for internships!
- You have 10 seconds to read this before it disappearsYou have 10 seconds to read this before it disappears. Or at least, you would if you were seeing this on Snapchat! And guess what! Pretty soon you will start seeing us pop up on your Snapchat! Community is so important to HonorSociety.org and that is why we are so excited to announce that we are on Snapchat. Being on Snapchat will be the best way that you and other members can join us on the Washington, D.C. member trip even if you are not able to be there in person! We want you to feel like you are involved in the organization in every way. Thanks to technology and apps like Snapchat, you will be included in all of the the learning and exploration opportunities we offer. With one more way to connect, this honor society and its members just keep getting stronger, don’t you think?! The Washington, D.C. member trip will take place from July 15th to July 19th so make sure you are following us on Snapchat before then. We will be sharing behind the scenes at headquarters along with all of the amazing sites we’ll be seeing throughout our tour of Washington, D.C. Born on the Internet, being at the forefront of technology has always been a priority for HonorSociety.org. We pride ourselves in the ability to connect members from all over the world on a daily basis. Whether it means engaging with other students and discussing their articles for the HonorSociety.org blog, or getting the latest HonorSociety.org updates and daily inspiration from Facebook and Instagram, HonorSociety.org is an integral part of a member’s day-to-day. Having this day-to-day interaction allows students to receive that extra push when they are feeling discouraged and also allows them to share exciting academic or career news with their peers and fellow members.
"Success is a process that continues, not a status that you reach. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned."
Becoming a member of an honor society recognizes your achievements. HonorSociety.org uniquely also focuses on helping you achieve your long-term goals and dreams. Our mission is to facilitate members to realize their highest potential through the advancement of academics, leadership and networking.