Our society's goal is to help you succeed, and to connect you with the people and opportunities to help you achieve your goals.
- HonorSociety.org raises over $20,000 for the American Red Cross International Emergency ResponsesWASHINGTON D.C. (April 1, 2014) – HonorSociety.org held a fundraising campaign this spring to raise money and awareness for the American Red Cross International Emergency Responses efforts. HonorSociety.org raised over $20,000 for the American Red Cross and those affected in disaster areas around the world.
- 3 Overlooked Steps When Applying For InternshipsWe all know that there's value to an internship, but is it something every student should do? The Intern Queen, Lauren Berger, believes so and we agree 100%! We are so excited that we got the chance to chat with Lauren so she could fill us in on the inside scoop into the interning world. And make sure you note her 3 overlooked steps students make when applying for internships. It will be a game changer when you start applying for internships!
- The Best Book I've Ever Read is "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion"No one goes out of their way to help you become a better negotiator when you're a child. From your parents to the education system virtually everyone has a vested interest in keeping you from being a great negotiator.
- How to Recharge Your Brain: Raise Neurotransmitter LevelsNeurotransmitters are important parts of our brain that are involved in neuron communication on a small scale and our behavior on a large scale. Getting to know these neurotransmitters, especially key ones like dopamine and serotonin which are associated with addiction and depression respectively, can be helpful for our everyday challenges. Regulating these levels through behavior when you need an extra boost can be even more helpful.
- HonorSociety.org Members Visit Washington, D.C.This summer, HonorSociety.org members from all over the country met up to attend the member trip in DC. These 5 days included site seeing, exploring DC by day and night, and new friendships. The goal of these member trips is to connect the members so that they can establish more networking opportunities and build friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Washington DC: I came, I saw, and I would definitely do it again.Not sure if you should go on the next Honor Society Org Trip? Well be sure, after reading my article you will see why this trip is for everyone but at the same time gives you a individual experience.
- Relay for Life: The Fight Against CancerThe American Cancer Society (ACS) is an organization that advocates tremendous change in the world of cancer. Every year, thousands of people from over 20 different countries manage to raise over $400 million for cancer recovery and prevention. I'm beyond ecstatic and proud to have been a part of the event that was hosted at my university this year. Not only was Relay for Life another night of victory over cancer, it was a night I'll never forget. (The cover image was downloaded from NAU's Relay for Life Facebook page.)
- Career Spotlight: TeachingFrom elementary school to college, teachers have paved the way for students to be successful, lifelong learners. Here are a few things you need to know if you’re thinking about a career in education.
"Success is a process that continues, not a status that you reach. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned."
Becoming a member of an honor society recognizes your achievements. HonorSociety.org uniquely also focuses on helping you achieve your long-term goals and dreams. Our mission is to facilitate members to realize their highest potential through the advancement of academics, leadership and networking.