Top 5 Interview Tips!
Your interview is your time to shine and your key to getting hired. When you're prepared for your interview, it definitely shows. Professionals do interviews on a regular basis, and they will be able to tell if you aren't prepared. When going into an interview, it's extremely important to remember the following tips:
1. Do a Mock Interview- Practice, practice, practice. The mock interviewer may throw questions at you that you weren't prepared for. They can also give you feedback on your behavioral language so you are more prepared for the real-deal.
2. Know Why You're Passionate About That Specific Company/Position: Understand the position, the company, why it's a great fit for you, and why you're a great fit for them. Do your research.
3. Bring a Copy of your Resume- Even if you know the interviewer has one, bring 2 copies so that if your interviewer does not have access to the original resume, or another person unexpectedly joins the interview, you're prepared.
4. Listen Carefully and Answer Thoughtfully During the Interview: If you've rehearsed, you may be tempted to respond by only saying what you've practiced. Listen carefully to what is being asked and answer well. If you need to pause to collect you thoughts, that is acceptable.
5. Thank Your Interviewer- send 2 notes, one being a thank-you email (a few hours after your interview) and a handwritten note later. It's important to personalize each thank-you.