Delta Phi Delta Rating, Reviews and Requirements. Is it worth it?
What is the history of Delta Phi Delta?
One cold winter evening in University Park, IL, as Terrence M. Johnson sat and watched MTVs Making The Video, he received a jolt of inspiration. It was then that he decided that he must create an organization for people who like him were not only talented in the art of dance but also had a strong desire to develop their talent and that of others around them. Under the guidance of his mother (and Co-Founder of our organization) Dr. Tamarra R. Winn, Delta Phi Delta Dance Fraternity, Inc. was founded on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 as the outlet to make this dream a reality.
What are the requirements to be in Delta Phi Delta?
Requirements for General Membership
• At least 18 years of age (Parental Consent Required for Individuals Under 18)
• Currently active within the field of dance
• Letter of Intent (Formal Expression of Interest)
• Dance Resume with Headshot
• Minimum 2.5 GPA (for Collegiate Chapters/Colonies) as Verified by Sealed Official Transcripts
• 2 Letters of Recommendation (One must be from a currently active Member of Delta Phi Delta Dance Fraternity, Inc. The other is required to be from a President/Instructor/ Coach of the individual’s current dance affiliation or an organization in which s/he is involved in Community Service with.)
• $25 Application Fee
• $100 National Intake Fee (Fall Intake)
$150 National Intake Fee (Spring/Summer Intake)
• $25 Regional Intake Fee
• Chapter Fee Negotiable by Chapter
What are the key benefits of being a member of Delta Phi Delta?
Since its inception, Delta Phi Delta Dance Fraternity, Inc. has strived to be a national non-profit educational organization dedicated to the preservation, study, teaching, enjoyment, and continuing evolution of all dance styles including (but not limited to) hip hop, Chicago footwork, break, crump, flow, vogue, ballet, tap, modern, jazz, lyrical, majorette, and praise. The general purpose of the organization is to provide individuals of all college, high school, and community districts with a positive arena to share their talent in community service, fundraisers, and individual empowerment.
Based on the information, here is our review:
Our first observation is: that this society is considered the official Dance Fraternity and requires both skill and academic excellence for membership.
Our second observation was: that this society accepts members under the age of 18, with their parents’ consent.
Our third observation was: that the chapter fee is negotiable by chapter, which differs from other national/international societies.